Trusted Local Home Renovation Contractors in Washington IL
Derrick Services provides some of the most recommended and experienced home renovation contractors in Washington IL. We can help with any rooms or areas of your home that need an upgrade. With the cost of houses on the rise, many homeowners may not be able to afford a new house. However, the next best thing is transforming your current home into the attractive and comfortable space you desire. Whether you want to bring your 1970s bathroom into the modern era or knock out a wall for a more spacious kitchen, count on our home improvement professionals.
With our team, you get contractors with more than 30 years of experience working on commercial and residential construction projects. If you need ideas for your home, check out some pictures of our recent projects. Dan Derrick, our owner, takes pride in delivering honest, accurate, and quality work to all our clients. Consequently, our services receive high satisfaction scores on customer reviews.
Contact us today to request a free quote for your home renovation project. We are the neighborhood contractors to call for the best decks, basements, and more.
Top Ideas for Basement Renovations
You dream it, and we will make it. However, you also can get helpful tips from our home renovation contractors in Washington IL. So, we can offer suggestions if you are sure you want to upgrade a room without knowing exactly what to do. With that in mind, here are some trendy projects if you want a makeover for your basement.
- Add Another Living Room – If you are looking to save on energy costs, consider adding a second living room in the basement. Basements make for cozy, cool places to stream movies, watch the big game, or unwind during the summer. Adding a beautiful basement living room is a functional and attractive way to renovate your basement.
- Create a New Bedroom – Turn to your basement if you have a teenager sick of rooming with a younger sibling. On the other hand, you can create a nice guest bedroom if you frequently entertain family or guests for extended stays. Smaller basements provide a great space for built-in beds and storage shelves.
- Make a Small Apartment – If you need some extra cash, you can transform your basement into an apartment suite to rent out. With a little space, you can add a kitchenette, appliances, an island, a lounging area, and add a half wall to separate a bedroom and bathroom. Also, this could create an ideal space for an older child moving back home during or after college.
Keep Up with Bathroom Renovation Trends
Many people often put off bathroom renovations because of the expense or interruption to daily life. However, you can get affordable, low-stress project ideas from our home renovation contractors in Washington IL. In fact, here are some of the most popular bathroom projects.
- Changing to a Free-Standing Tub – Platform tubs and oversized jetted tubs are becoming phased out by more and more homeowners these days. In fact, free-standing tubs are becoming one of the more popular trends for a luxurious soak while you unwind.
- Ditching a Tub – Whether you try to conserve water or just don’t have the time, you may want to free up space if you never take a bath. If you are looking to add space to a smaller bathroom, you should consider getting rid of the tub altogether. That way, you can add a larger shower shall or side-by-side vanities for couples’ bathrooms.
- Wallpaper is Making a Comeback – You can add vibrancy and style to a currently monochromatic or two-tone bathroom with wallpaper. Though it went out of fashion for several years, wallpaper is now back in fashion. It allows you to add personality and uniqueness to the space.
Cook Up Some Fresh Ideas for Kitchen Renovations
For those of us who love to cook or bake, we spend a lot of time in the kitchen. So, why spend all that time wishing your space looked a little differently? You can get your dream kitchen with help from our home renovation contractors in Washington IL. Here a few trendy ideas for recent kitchen renovations.
- Go Beyond Basic Fixtures and Finishes – You can breathe life into a boring kitchen with basic fixtures or a poor layout with a renovation. For instance, you can swap out a stainless-steel sink for an apron-front porcelain one to get a country kitchen. Add butcher block countertops, brass bin pulls, a copper backsplash, and new warm gray cabinets to complete the look.
- Say Bye-Bye to the Dated Look – If your kitchen has wallpaper you don’t love or old cabinets in the wrong color, call our home renovation contractors in Washington IL. They can create a calming presence for your whole house with a mellow gray-and-white palette kitchen.
- Add More Storage – You cannot really enjoy your kitchen if it does not have enough seating or storage. An idea such as adding a breakfast bar can give you added space for more cabinets.
Derrick Services is your trusted local construction company for experienced home renovation contractors in Washington IL. Give us a call now at 309-725-4172 to request a free consultation. On the other hand, you also can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our online contact form if you prefer electronic messaging.